Jon Henderson is a self-trained developer whose hobby turned into something more. Currently the Application Development Manager at myON, he oversees the development team for an education based SaaS ELL ecosystem that serves an ever growing number of books to millions of students around the world every day. He enjoys learning, but enjoys his family more. He currently lives in Roseville MN with his wife Jessie, twin sons Walker and Davis, and his dog Goose where he spends most of his free time cooking, reading, going on walks, and training to be a curmudgeon.
Some of these are borrowed, all of them are relevant.
- Simplicity is both a goal and a method
- Solve one problem at a time
- Clear is better than clever
- Clarity is worth the fight
- Readable means Reliable
- If the implementation is hard to explain, it's a bad idea
- Make it run, then make it right, then make it fast
- Patterns are not rules
- Code for the problem; A tool that does everything does nothing well
- Don't be hasty
- Bad grammer leads to bad theology
- Words have meaning
- Silence is golden